One day late, sorry! It is definitely not because Steve just forgot to press publish – definitely not.
- Philippe Leblanc shares how Superman 64 nearly ruined his life. We covered it on Episode 47.
- From Polygon and other sites, a new world record has been set for a Super Mario Bros. speedrun. Of course, we covered the game in our very special, very first episode.
- Also from Polygon – Fans are attempting a Doom 2 mod that adds in a battle royal mode, like new shooters. We played it for Episode 129.
- News Todd Brisket can use – DuckTales has already been renewed for a season three, even though season two hasn’t premiered yet. We reviewed it for Episode 3.
- Shmuplations has translated a 1997 interview with a developer of Mega Man X4. Give it the ole read here!
ON THIS DAY (OR CLOSE TO IT!) IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY…
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was released in 1997. We covered it for Episode 127, the first one of SPOOPTOBER 2017.
- Fallout 2 is now 10 years old! While some people love the first two games in the series, they are definitely rugged to play as compared to the third installment and onward.
Video game history information comes from GameFAQs and Moby Games. When possible, we attempt to link to original sources for all reporting, and we don’t typically link to stupid multi-page galleries. And as always, if you’d like to support the show, do so via our Amazon link.