This week in Your Parents Basement, we are faster than a speeding bullet and also, the dark knight! From 1995, we’re playing Batman Forever by Probe Entertainment, and from 1999, unfortunately, we’re playing Superman 64 by Titus Software. Joining us, calling in from Krypton, is special guest Mattyboy!
You can manually download this week’s hero-tastic podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the title theme from the 1966 Batman with Adam West. It’s real and incredible. We’re joined this week by friend of the show and frequent emailer Mattyboy!
- 6:15 – We have some technical difficulties, and have to reboot.
- 27:15 – We switch from Batman Forever to Superman 64 talk!
- 47:45 – It’s another installment of Vidya Game Theatre!
- 54:00 – Emails! This week, Mattyboy introduces them, and participates even more than usual.
- 1:07:45 – Snifferoo. Oh hell yeah! It’s Wrestlemania season!
– According to Price Charting, Superman 64 only costs $6.95 for just the cart, but the price swells to $38 for the cart, box and manual, and $41 for a new copy. Batman Forever has a similar swing, at $3 to $7 for the loose cart, up to the $26 to $30 range for new copies.
– As mentioned on the show, TV Funhouse and Saturday Night Live had a spoof of Superman called Wonderman. It’s semi-NSFW, but viewable here.