This week in Your Parents Basement, we’re getting transported into an alternate dimension to fight comic book monsters! We’re playing Comix Zone on the Sega Genesis, a game with awesome artwork but frustrating play issues.
You can manually download this week’s podcast here, or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, as no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – The intro, which features the main title theme from Comix Zone.
- 37:50 – The ole YPB email box!
- 1:01:45 – The snifferoo for next week’s episode.
– We mention the Japanese box art on the show, which is shared by Brisket. You can find it here. It’s not NSFW, but it’s not exactly normal either.
– Want to see a ridiculous speedrun of Comix Zone in 12:36? As usual, YouTube delivers.
– Interested in Game Center CX? You should be, it’s oddly hypnotizing to watch! Arino’s challenge of Comix Zone is here.
– Comix Zone starts at around $10 on Amazon, although the box and manual adds around $20 to the purchase price. As we said on the show, the game is available on Steam and online console stores for $3 and $5, respectively.