– Those wonderful people on Reddit have managed to get Primal Rage 2 working on MAME. Read more here!
– On Twitter, via US Gamer, some lucky journalists back in the day got promotional t-shirts for Project Reality, the early name for the N64. And, they’re gloooorrrrrious.
– Unholy Night, a new SNES fighting game by the makers of Samurai Showdown and King of Fighters, is looking for Kickstarter backers for a physical release. You can find more info here.
– Achievement Oriented, the video game podcast on Bill Simmons’ Ringer network, had an interesting episode on the future of sports video games – and how bad NBA Live has been lately – and how damn successful Grand Theft Auto 5 has been. You can listen to it here!
As always, if you’d like to support the show, do so via our Amazon link.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man whose gonna burn your house down – with the lemons!”
Here’s some news to go with them lemons:
– The lead designer from Earthworm Jim says he would be open to doing a sequel. That, and more, are in the linked Reddit AMA.
– Also on Reddit: Is it possible for Scrooge McDuck to swim through the gold coins in his money vault? Probably not.
– Via Twitter, Sega has announced there will be a Game Gear theme available the 3DS, which would have seemed impossible in the early 1990s. (Then again, so would the 3DS, and smartphones, and the Internet…)
– Cassidee Moser of IGN.com has a heads-up about this Reddit user, who’s turned an old NES cart into a working NES.
– The 8-Bit Guy has a YouTube video about how the music was made on the NES and Commodore.
– Good times, good times! From Destructoid, a guy pawned a Genesis, not knowing there was meth inside.
– WDRB has a story on getting out of Your Parents Basement. Ugh, why would you ever want to do that?
ON THIS DAY IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY…
– NBA Live 2003 and NBA 2K3 game out for the Playstation 2, Xbox and Gamecube in 2002, oddly enough. Of course, NBA 2K3 was better.