Episode 028 – StarCraft (1998)
This week in Your Parents Basement, we’re locked up and good to go! From 1998, we’re playing StarCraft for the PC, because the third installment of StarCraft 2 is finally coming out this week!
You can manually download this week’s roughneck podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win! (Might I suggest the second expansion pack for StarCraft 2?) Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which are various marine quotes from this wonderful YouTube collection.
- 51:30 – Emails. The best games from 27 years ago, and the best vehicles in video games.
- 1:10:15 – Snifferoo. We’re experiencing dinosaurs and classical music.
– According to Price Charting, StarCraft 64 is very expensive, at $47 for a loose cart to around $100 for the box and manual included. It’s a console port of StarCraft that is seen as OK, but nothing special. The original PC game is sold in a slew of formats, typically with the expansion Brood War included, and ranges in price from $5 to $20.
– This news came out after the show recording, found by Brisket on a site: Blizzard is looking to hire staff for re-releases of its older games.