Episode 219 – OMG Another Clip Show! (2019)
This week in Your Parents Basement, we are taking a couple days off and sharing the fruit of our back catalog! Please enjoy the following outtakes and off-topic discussions from episodes 44 through 52, recorded in 2016.
You can manually download this week’s podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts. Are you yearning and craving a clayyyssiiiccc YPB episode? Well, they are now collected here for you! Find episodes #1 to #52 right there, in Volume I!
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIMESTAMPS AND CHAPTER TITLES
- 1) Getting Comfortable… With Our Butts. – 0:00
- 2) Has There Ever Been Superman? – 3:15
- 3) PEAKY BLINDERS, Names on “The Simpsons” and Todd’s Sleepy Times – 4:52
- 4) Pee Break – 9:32
- 5) What’s Next? Is It A Game? – 11:26
- 6) Michigan J. YPBoyz – 14:31
- 7) Arcade Dreaming, Crushing Realities, Pro Skeeballers and Free Plum Day – 17:18
- 8) Hamster Talk – 23:39
- 9) The Lineage of the Estevez Brothers – 24:46
- 10) Kobe’s Last Game With Sack – 26:40
- 11) Gilbert Gottfried’s Old Hollywood and 4/20 Talk MANNNN – 28:36
- 12) A YPB Favorite, Dead Air! – 37:14
- 13) Snifferoo – 38:34
Vidya Game News – April 14, 2016
– The Tumblr account Super Mario Broth highlighted a rare Super Mario Bros. 3 animation this week – The Hammer Bros. suit sliding. You normally can’t slide in the suit in the game, so you have to do it in this one stage.
– Also in the category of Super Late Easter Eggs, a bald guy in Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! reveals when to throw punches to knock out Piston Honda and Bald Bull. Read about it on Reddit here.
– In advance of the release of Star Fox Zero on April 22, there is a comparison of Corneria across the different versions. And hey, check out YPB’s Star Fox episode here!
– Nerdist and a bunch of other sites had the Player Piano cover of the moon theme from DuckTales. It’s the hot game that got one out of one DuckTale from Todd on one of our first shows!
– From TechTimes, Mark Lelinwalla looks at the five console generations Kobe Bryant has spanned. Also from TechTimes, Dianne Depra has a cool preview piece on a neat new book, The Art of Atari. Some really good images here!
– And again on TechTimes… Quinten Plummer has a cool article on how the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Illinois managed to revive a prototype Beavis and Butt-Head game that only had 12 copies made. The secret? Cannibalizing a 3DO.
– OC Weekly has a story on Sega Genecide, a cover band. Headline: “Sega Genecide eat, breathe and shit 90’s cover songs.”
ON THIS DAY IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY…
– Not quite today, but on April 13, 1992, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past came out in North America. It continued the wildly popular series, and it was a bright, vibrant 16-bit game. Per Wikipedia, it sold 4.61 million copies, good enough for fifth on the platform.
– On April 12, 2001, Big Ape Productions released The Simpsons Wrestling for the PSX to pretty miserable reviews. Of course, if you’re looking for a good Simpsons game, or want to hear about some of the horrible ones, check out our previous show!
Video game history information comes from GameFAQs and Moby Games. And as always, if you’d like to support the show, do so via our Amazon link.