This week in Your Parents Basement, we are using our heads! From 1990, we’re playing Bonk’s Adventure by Red Company, Hudson Soft and Atlus for the TurboGrafx-16. We’re joined by special guest Pippenz! NOTE: There is one prominent swear in this week’s episode, and its totally worth it.
You can manually download this week’s head-butting podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the repetitive stage one theme from Bonk’s Adventure.
- 32:00 – It’s a special cameo from Friend of the Show Cosmo!
- 36:00 – Voicemail! Another celebrity friend calls in. Who would win in Street Fighter 2?
- 41:00 – Emails! A friend communicates to us from beyond the grave.
- 55:00 – Ask the Sweet Boys!
- 1:01:30 – Snifferoo. We’ll be going into our third year, and there’s only one appropriate game to play for that.
– According to Price Charting, Bonk’s Adventure is reasonably priced – about $30 for the TurboGrafx-16 cart, and $38 for the sequel. However, the third game is $202.50, and the NES port is also rare, costing $500 to $1,000, depending on whether you want the box and manual too. Even the Game Boy ports are $16 to $31. Yikes.
This week in Your Parents Basement, we are getting killed by bats, rats and traps in one horrible game! From 1994, we’re playing Disney’s Beauty and the Beast developed by Probe Entertainment and published by Hudson Soft for the Super Nintendo.
You can manually download this week’s tale-as-old-as-time podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the trailer from the 1991 movie version.
- 19:00 – Todd performs his magic, as he unearths more gold for another segment of… Video Game Theater. (WARNING! Strong language.)
- 24:30 – We have a Most Best Game of All-Time segment! From the Most Best Gift Giver!
- 27:15 – Emails!
- 40:00 – Next week, we’re playing a deeeeeep, story-driven game for the Nintendo 64.