This week in Your Parents Basement, we are playing for just ONE MORE TURN, we promise! From 1991, we’re playing Civilization by MicroProse (and later Firaxis and Spectrum HoloByte) for the PC and Super Nintendo. Our special guest is Amanda, Steve’s friend from his college newspaper!
You can manually download this week’s Wonder-building podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which has a moment of glory from Steve.
- 30:45 – It’s time for another installment of Video Game Theater! This time, with music! AND EMOTION.
- 38:00 – Emails! Who would we rather kiss?
- 48:45 – Hoooo boy, it’s the return of… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 58:00 – Snifferoo. Things get SPOOKY next week, as in honor of Halloween, we’re playing one of the toughest game series of all-time!
– According to Price Charting, the Super Nintendo version of Civilization is about $20 for the loose cart, and $47 for the box and manual. The actual PC game is free on a lot of sites, and Freeciv is (as the name implies) free and awesome.
– Civilization 6 came out last week, and with that, there was a bunch of stuff out on the series. (And hey, that’s why we did the show this week too.) Brian Fung of The Washington Post scored an interview with Sid Meier. And he likes to play as the Romans.