– Those wonderful people on Reddit have managed to get Primal Rage 2 working on MAME. Read more here!
– On Twitter, via US Gamer, some lucky journalists back in the day got promotional t-shirts for Project Reality, the early name for the N64. And, they’re gloooorrrrrious.
– Unholy Night, a new SNES fighting game by the makers of Samurai Showdown and King of Fighters, is looking for Kickstarter backers for a physical release. You can find more info here.
– Achievement Oriented, the video game podcast on Bill Simmons’ Ringer network, had an interesting episode on the future of sports video games – and how bad NBA Live has been lately – and how damn successful Grand Theft Auto 5 has been. You can listen to it here!
As always, if you’d like to support the show, do so via our Amazon link.
The 1992 X-Men arcade beat ’em up is the second game tackled by Steve Greenwell, Huell and Todd Brisket on Your Parents Basement Podcast, even if it required us leaving the cozy confines of the basement back in the day. Click here to listen!
Want to subscribe to future episodes? Pop this link into your podcastin’ device or iTunes! You can also subscribe by searching for “Your Parents Basement” in the iTunes store. We are absolutely looking for guests and ideas for future shows! For both, please email them to us – firstname.lastname@example.org – as opposed to leaving them as comments. (Mystery is good for the rest of the listening audience!) You can also follow us on Twitter.
Supplemental material for today’s show:
- The piano tease from last week can be found on YouTube here.
- A gameplay video of the final stage.
- A short, December 2013 article from Polygon on the expiration of X-Men from the various online stores.
- Hey, isn’t the timeline of the Marvel movie universe confusing? It sure is! But if you want to deep dive, go here.
- The TV Tropes article on Wolverine Publicity, a.k.a., “Wolverine does not appear in this issue.”
- The lead graphic on this post comes from this blog.