Tag Archives: Coily
This week in Your Parents Basement, we are doing our best to suck and blow, and to make immature jokes and innuendo about a cute Nintendo mascot! From 1992, we’re playing Kirby’s Dream Land, one of the best platform games for the Game Boy.
You can manually download this week’s apple-filled podcast here, or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win! Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the main title theme from Kirby’s Dream Land. It’s a fun, jaunty little tune that will stick in your head for days. (Sorry.)
- 41:30 – Emails. Huell gets a text message, and the guys are asked about You Don’t Know Jack.
- 55:00 – It’s the return of the Toddbitskit!
- 59:00 – Snifferoo. It’s time for us to embrace America’s past time as we head further into October.
– Per Wikipedia, the Kirby series now spans more than 20 games, and its sold more than 34 million units. That figure doesn’t include his appearances in the Smash Brothers series, either. Kirby also has his own portion on the Nintendo website.
– According to Price Charting, sales for just the loose cart of Kirby’s Dream Land are pretty stable, in the $5 to $10 range. It’s also available as a downloadable title at a similar price point for all of Nintendo’s consoles. The sequel runs a few dollars more, and as usual, if you want the box and manual, that’ll be a surcharge. Most copies of the original are around $30, and up to $100 if you want it new.