This week in Your Parents Basement, we are using our heads! From 1990, we’re playing Bonk’s Adventure by Red Company, Hudson Soft and Atlus for the TurboGrafx-16. We’re joined by special guest Pippenz! NOTE: There is one prominent swear in this week’s episode, and its totally worth it.
You can manually download this week’s head-butting podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the repetitive stage one theme from Bonk’s Adventure.
- 32:00 – It’s a special cameo from Friend of the Show Cosmo!
- 36:00 – Voicemail! Another celebrity friend calls in. Who would win in Street Fighter 2?
- 41:00 – Emails! A friend communicates to us from beyond the grave.
- 55:00 – Ask the Sweet Boys!
- 1:01:30 – Snifferoo. We’ll be going into our third year, and there’s only one appropriate game to play for that.
– According to Price Charting, Bonk’s Adventure is reasonably priced – about $30 for the TurboGrafx-16 cart, and $38 for the sequel. However, the third game is $202.50, and the NES port is also rare, costing $500 to $1,000, depending on whether you want the box and manual too. Even the Game Boy ports are $16 to $31. Yikes.