This week in Your Parents Basement! We are donning the Mayan terror mask and attempting to save our girlfriend in six hellish stages. From 1989, we’re playing Splatterhouse by Namco for the Arcade and Turbo16! (Or as they say in the U.K., the PC Engine.)
You can manually download this week’s podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts. Are you yearning and craving a clayyyssiiiccc YPB episode? Well, they are now collected here for you! Find episodes #1 to #52 right there, in Volume I!
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features some costume talk before the customary SPOOPTOBER intro.
- 37:15 – Todd has reasons why Splatterhouse is… The Most Best Game of All-Time! Followed by our usual rating systems.
- 44:00 – Happy days! We’ve got a voicemail!
- 50:30 – Emails!
- 55:30 – We help some people in… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 1:02:00 – Snifferoo. Next week, the SPOOPS continue with a friend of the show, and from the star of both Wayne’s World AND Zombie Nightmare!
- According to Price Charting, Splatterhouse is actually pretty pricey! It goes for $54 on the Turbo, and the sequels for the Genesis go for $83 and $50, respectively.