This week in Your Parents Basement, we are shotgunning our way through the depths of Hell! From 1993, we’re playing Doom by id Software for the PC. We’re joined by special guest Apple Shampoo!
You can manually download this week’s possessed podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the totally rad commercial for the Atari Jaguar version! You can find it on YouTube, complete with preacher, here.
- 42:00 – Todd Brisket has reasons why Doom is… The Most Best Game of All-Time.
- 52:00 – Emails! We hear from a big fan of Huell, and others!
- 1:02:00 – As always, we help some people with… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 1:07:00 – Snifferoo! We’re possessed by otherworldy spirits next week!
– According to Price Charting, most console versions of Doom are between $5 and $20. However, the PC version is better than all of them, and also always you to play all sorts of mods. If you must buy a console version though, go with Doom 64, which at least has totally new levels, weapons and monsters vs. the other editions. (It’s a favorite of Steve!)