– Stoughton Farm in New York has an awesome Mario theme now!
– From Charlie Hall at Polygon, Frank Cifaldi might have found the first bit of programming that former Nintendo president Satoru Iwata did. Read more about it here.
– ESPN does a mashup of Michael Phelps and Duck Tales here. (And check out our episode!)
– Via Nerdist, someone has re-created the first level of Super Mario Bros. in Microsoft Excel. Check it out in action here.
– GameReactor and a bunch of other sites have confirmed that Sega has renewed the Virtua Fighter trademark.
ON THIS DAY IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY…
– Some sites source today as the day that Dune II came out for the Genesis. Developed by Westwood Studios and published by Virgin Interactive originally for December 1992 for the PC, it has an odd historical footnote of being the first RTS game, despite being a licensed game. It’s a bit clunky to play now, but still fun.
Video game history information comes from GameFAQs and Moby Games. And as always, if you’d like to support the show, do so via our Amazon link.