This week in Your Parents Basement, we are doing our best to save lives and to destroy zombies with water pistols! From 1993, we’re playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors by LucasArts for the Super Nintendo and Genesis.
You can manually download this week’s spooooooky podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the music for the first tough level featuring the Chainsaw Charlies.
- 44:30 – Emails! We hear from some old friends, and make some new ones with Hollywood royalty, plus, talk about which games we could play professionally.
- 1:00:15 – Snifferoo. Next week, we are playing one of the classic SNES games, and probably, Steve’s favorite game of all-time!
– According to Price Charting, Zombies has held up its value pretty well! The Genesis version goes for $30 for just the cart, and the SNES one is $37.50. The Genesis one is $66 new, while the SNES one is $270. Heavy cash!
– At Hardcore Gaming 101, John Szczepaniak and Sam Derboo have a good piece about the creations of Zombies, compiling some quotes from various sources. Read it here!
– The sequel to ZAMN is Ghoul Patrol, which we didn’t play for the show. However, you can check it out on YouTube here. It’s a direct sequel, with the same characters.
– Zombies Ate My Neighbors fanart is weird.