This week in Your Parents Basement, we are using our swords and axes to ‘boop’ elves and enemies! From 1989, we’re playing Golden Axe by Sega for the Arcade and Genesis.
You can manually download this week’s podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the audio from a commercial for the game. There is a longer, more confusing UK commercial here, though.
- 27:00 – Todd has some reasons why Golden Axe is… The Most Best Game of All-Time.
- 34:00 – Emails! Huzzah!
- 42:00 – A quick New News segment this week. This just in: The new Secret of Mana sucks!
- 47:00 – As always, we help some people before signing off with… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 52:00 – Snifferoo. Oddly, we’re playing as scientists next week! Scientists with swords. Confusingly.
– According to Price Charting, Golden Axe is pretty affordable. The base game and sequel are about $12 to $15, and they can also be found on most Sega re-release carts and online stores. The awful Beast Rider game goes for $5 to $7.