This week in Your Parents Basement, we are the terror that quacks in the night! From 1992, we’re playing Darkwing Duck by Capcom for the NES.
You can manually download this week’s gassy podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the ultra cool, 1990s commercial for the VHS tapes.
- 28:00 – Voicemails! A friend of the show, an incredible patriot, calls in.
- 35:00 – Emails! They’re all good games, Bront.
- 46:00 – We help some people in… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 49:00 – Snifferoo. We are playing with a giant bazooka next week. And using a SNES light gun!
– According to Price Charting, Darkwing Duck is actually kind of pricey! The NES version is $46.50 for just the cart, and the box and manual ups the price to $125. The Game Boy version is cheaper, but the TurboGrafx-16 game is a whopping $149 and $400.
– Darkwing is supposed to be in the new DuckTales show, per Oh My Disney.
– Confusingly, Darkwing Duck is in an alternate universe from DuckTales.