This week in Your Parents Basement, we are swinging our big ole Buster Sword to save the planet from a psychopath and an evil corporation, and it’s not a documentary about 2017 America! From 1997, we’re playing Final Fantasy VII by Square for the Playstation. We’re joined by friend of the show Amanda, on for a third time!
You can manually download this week’s materia-filled podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the ULTRA RAD announcer from the Final Fantasy VII commercials of 1997. You can watch it on YouTube here!
- 28:30 – Todd Brisket has reasons why Final Fantasy VII is… The Most Best Game of All-Time.
- 43:30 – Comments, Concerns and Questions! Friend of the Show Mike Deeney has one of each for us.
- 50:15 – It’s a loaded email segment this week, as we hear from Fan of the Show Kyle of the Vaguely Entertaining Podcast, and we talk about some of our fave vidya game podcasts.
- 1:08:00 – We can’t end the show without helping someone, in… Ask the Sweet Boys. (And girl, this week.)
- 1:15:00 – Snifferoo! It’s a top-five animated opening soundtrack for next week’s game.
– According to Price Charting, Final Fantasy VII is still relatively affordable for the ole PSX. It’s around $16 to $20, depending on whether you want the Greatest Hits or “black label” original version. It’s also been re-released on Steam and the PS4, and usually costs between $5 and $15, depending on sales and what not. That version adds some playability functions, like fast forwarding and God mode.
– The Final Fantasy VII remake is still progressing at Square. You can read more about it on Wikipedia. No release date has been set, but as mentioned on the show, it’s supposed to be a bit more action-oriented than the original game, kind of more in line with current Square offerings.
– Steve’s podcast pick was Achievement Oriented from The Ringer. You can find the webpage for the show here. He particularly recommends the episode “Making Mo-cap Magic,” which features a funny chat with two actresses.
– Fan of the Show Kyle hosts Vaguely Entertaining, which you can find here!