This week in Your Parents Basement, we are slaying all of the creatures of Ancient Greece in order to save our girlfriend! From 1989, we’re playing The Battle of Olympus by Infinity for the NES. We’re joined by special guest Jovial John!
You can manually download this week’s salamander-skin and olive-filled podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the opening title and map music from the game. They’re both splendid!
- 35:45 – Voicemails! A real American calls in. Fight for what’s right American!
- 40:30 – Emails! What IS Mike Myers thinking now? What about Captain America?
- 56:45 – Once again, we help at least one person in… Ask The Sweet Boys.
- 1:01:15 – Snifferoo! The actual trailer for this movie is way too long, so instead, please enjoy the sweet song stylings of its key actor.
- 1:03:15 – Special cameo appearance!
– According to Price Charting, The Battle of Olympus is pretty affordable still! The loose cart is only about $11, although you’ll definitely want to spring the $22 for the box and manual for this one, because the manual is incredible.
– Jeremy Parish of US Gamer has a really good interview with Yukio Horimoto, the creator of The Battle of Olympus. Horimoto talks about the influence that Zelda II and that series had on Olympus. (And, for the side-by-side comparison we talked about on the show, go here.)