This week in Your Parents Basement, we are vanquishing Ganon with our sword and silver arrows! From 1987, we’re playing The Legend of Zelda by Nintendo for the NES. For the voicemail, email and Ask portion of the show, we’re joined by Friend of the Show Cosmo!
You can manually download this week’s legendary podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the CLASSIC theme from the game.
- 40:50 – For the voicemails, emails and Ask, we’re joined by Cosmo! Huzzah!
- 1:13:00 – Snifferoo. By special request, we’re playing a Super Nintendo non-classic!
– According to Price Charting, The Legend of Zelda is still in high demand. The loose cart goes for $17.11, and if you have the box and manual, it goes for $49. (Steve knows from personal experience, as he sold a crappy, tattered map from the game for $15 the other week.)
– A prototype cart sold for $55,000 in the past five years.