This week in Your Parents Basement, we are embracing the best aspects of turtle power! From 1989, we’re playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Konami (Ultra) for the NES.
You can manually download this week’s kung-fu podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the hypnotic 15-second loop from the first stage.
- 39:50 – Emails!
- 53:30 – It’s time to… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 1:01:00 – A snifferoo, as well as an outtake!
– According to Price Charting, TMNT is pretty affordable by itself, just $7 for the loose cart. It’s $29 for the box and manual as well.
– Wikipedia has a good entry on the Konami vs. Ultra distinctions.
– Hardcore Gaming explains why TMNT is so “weird” versus other Turtles media.