This week in Your Parents Basement, we are whipping our way past rabid dogs to save Princess Whatsername! From 1994, we’re playing Earthworm Jim by Shiny for the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.
You can manually download this week’s groooovy podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features one of the weird commercials that aired on TV for Earthworm Jim. You can watch the whole thing here.
- 38:30 – Emails! A special friend writes in, and a listener has an Ask about Japanese arcades.
- 49:30 – It’s the new favorite segment that’s sweeping the land! Ask The Sweet Boys.
- 58:00 – Snifferoo. It is a platforming video game that we will be playing that involves playing a platforming video game.
– According to Price Charting, Earthworm Jim has retained its value pretty well. The loose cart still goes for $15 to $25, depending on the platform, with double the price for the box and manual included.
– As mentioned by Pat on the show, here is Pacman with single-celled organisms!