– Nintendo is mining its past heavily for the Christmas season, as in addition to the NES Classic Edition, they also plan to come out with the Playing With Power: Nintendo NES Classics retrospective book on 17 games. Read more on the Prima Games site here.
– Hey, Sega also licensed their systems for new productions years ago! Except, according to Polygon, they kind of suck.
– From Geek, the Retroist has a fun feature on misleading Atari 2600 box art.
– Surprisingly, the new Ghostbusters game is just as bad as the old one, according to Brett Makedonski of Destructoid.
– On IGN and a bunch of other sites, a wireless receiver is now available to use PS4 and other current gen controllers on the SNES.
– Jason Schreier of Kotaku has a good retrospective on Final Fantasy III for the NES.
– Surprisingly, Honest Game Trailers tackles the awful Superman 64 this week.
ON THIS DAY IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY…
– Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour came out in 2003 for the Gamecube. It was the second game in the Mario Golf series and well-received during its release.
– Pokemon Crystal came out on July 29, 2001 for the Game Boy Color. Seemingly, Nintendo is the only company releasing good games in the dog days of summer…