This week in Your Parents Basement, we are slangin’ our yo-yos to save our uncle from aliens! From 1990, we’re playing StarTropics by Nintendo for the NES.
You can manually download this week’s island podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the TOTALLY RAD commercial of the game! The visuals make it even better, and you can find it here on YouTube.
- 34:30 – Emails! No mailbag music this week, as we negotiate with Netflix on the sound rights.
- 47:30 – This week we help some folks in… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 54:45 – Snifferoo. Next week, we’re revving up our motorbike engines and hauling ass down the pacific coast highway!
– According to Price Charting, StarTropics is pretty affordable, as is the sequel, as we discussed on the show. The loose carts are $6.99 to $8, and the boxes and manuals up the price to $24.95 and $25.49. Both games are also available in the various Nintendo online shops, since they are first-party games.
– Scouring the Internet, there aren’t even any rumors of the franchise being restarted. The game is referenced very, very briefly in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but otherwise has not been re-purposed by Nintendo.