– Cinemassacre (the site of the Angry Video Game Nerd) had a viral video this week, as Mike Matei recreated the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme in Mario Paint. Check out the cool video here!
– Unfortunately, Konami has sent a cease-and-desist to Dejawolfs, which was developing a remake of Castlevania in the Unreal engine. You can read the story on Siliconera here. And reminder! We covered Castlevania on a past show.
– From Variety, Sega has optioned a bunch of its titles for film and television adaptations, starting with Altered Beast and Streets of Rage. And speaking of Sega selling off its merchandising rights, it has also partnered with Build-A-Bear.
– Nintendo Everything has a translation of a Japanese book about The Legend of Zelda series, which reveals that a sequel to Wind Waker was canned for Twilight Princess.
– Geeks of Doom has a positive review of Art of Atari, a cool book full of Atari art.
ON THIS DAY (OR CLOSE TO IT!) IN VIDEO GAME HISTORY…
– On December 9, 1997, Quake II came out for the PC. It was the online standard for a couple years of deathmatching, until Unreal Tournament and eventually Half-Life came out.