Tag Archives: Metal Gear
This week in Your Parents Basement, we are using cardboard boxes to sneak and strangle our way past terrorists! From 1998, we’re playing a masterpiece from Hideo Kojima and Konami, Metal Gear Solid! Our special guest this week is Dale, who recently played the game for a charity drive.
You can manually download this week’s stealthy podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win! Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is about a minute of the main theme from Metal Gear Solid.
- 1:01:45 – Emails. None of them are fake, so the guys talk about their favorite Mario Kart series racers.
- 1:25:00 – Snifferoo. Next week, we’re playing a game from a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…
– According to Price Charting, Metal Gear Solid is still priced reasonably, at $10 for just the game CDs and the case. New copies are costlier, at an average sale price of $113. The Gamecube version costs more, ranging from $33 to $80, but it’s available on the last two generations of systems in various collections for around $10 to $20.
– Dale was on a previous episode of the pod, a wonderful show on Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City. You can read more here, which includes a link to the episode to listen.
– On Reddit, AudioRejectz attempts to summarize the Metal Gear timeline through 2014. This would be before the 2015 game, Metal Gear Solid 5, came out. The Metal Gear series article on Wikipedia is a bit more brief, but the entries for the individual games are as insanely detailed as you would think.