This week in Your Parents Basement, we are swinging from our hook to find exit doors and yummy fish! From 1994, we’re playing Umihara Kawase by TNN for the Super Nintendo. We are joined by special guest and podcastin’ professional Kyle, a.k.a. The Goth, from Vaguely Entertaining!
You can manually download this week’s physics-filled podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the excellent title theme from the game.
- 40:00 – Emails! We see how this is gonna go.
- 56:45 – As always, we help out at least one person in… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 1:01:30 – Snifferoo. It’s the season to be thankful, and we were definitely be thankful next week with a certain game.
– Because Umihara wasn’t ever released in the U.S., there isn’t Price Charting details on it. The Playstation Vita version goes for $25 to $30 on Amazon, and the Steam version is usually in the $10 to $15 range, depending on how “on sale” it is when you purcahse it.
– The best speedrun on YouTube currently is 1:46, which is utterly insane, even if assisted by tools.
– Kyle is the co-host of the Vaguely Entertaining podcast, which you can find here! Give it a listen, won’t ya?