This week in Your Parents Basement, we are slingin’ barrels and pickin’ bananas with friend of the show Jovial John! From 1994, we’re playing Donkey Kong Country by Rare for the SNES.
You can manually download this week’s banana-peeled podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the ultra rad theme from the game. Old meets new!
- 50:00 – Emails! Do you wanna play VR Skyrim with a sweet baby boy?
- 1:04:00 – Steve has a new segment! If the sweet baby boys haven’t heard it yet, then it’s… New News! (p.s. No ask this week, we will help people next week.)
- 1:09:30 – Snifferoo. Next week, we’re UNDER THE SEA.
– According to Price Charting, like many Nintendo mascot games, Donkey Kong Country has retained its value well. The loose cart goes for $17 to $42, depending on whether you want the box and manual as well. Ports for the GBA and Game Boy Color are in the $10 to $15 range. The game has also been re-released on the Wii Virtual Console and the SNES Classic.