This week in Your Parents Basement, we’re dealing with janky gameplay and kitschy animation coming to a claysic game series! From 1993, we’re playing Link: The Faces of Evil by Animation Magic for the CD-i.
You can manually download this week’s podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts. Are you yearning and craving a clayyyssiiiccc YPB episode? Well, they are now collected here for you! Find episodes #1 to #52 right there, in Volume I!
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features some of the bizarre audio clips from the game.
- 29:30 – Todd has reasons why this is… The Most Best Game of All-Time! Followed by our usual, fun segments.
- 44:45 – Emails!
- 58:00 – Snifferoo. Next week… DAAAYYYYYYTOOONNNNAAAAAA!!!
- During the show, we mention a cutscene compilation on YouTube. You can find it here.
- Nintendo Life has actually done a good job of covering the Nintendo-Phillips collaboration attempts. They’ve done articles on the (small) rise and fall of the system, and also re-publicized this really in-depth interview with the creator of the games.