This week in Your Parents Basement, we are revving up our engines, dodging obstacles, and creating impossible tracks we’ll never play our way through! From 1985, we’re playing Excitebike by Nintendo for the NES. (Or as they say in the UK, the NEZ!)
You can manually download this week’s podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts. Are you yearning and craving a clayyyssiiiccc YPB episode? Well, they are now collected here for you! Find episodes #1 to #52 right there, in Volume I!
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the jaunty title theme from the game!
- 27:00 – Emails! Which movie would YOU like to see a first-person shooter version of?
- 33:00 – We can’t end the show without helping some people! It’s… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 39:15 – Snifferoo, which features the jaunty title theme from next week’s game!
– According to Price Charting, Excitebike is very affordable. The loose cart is only $6, and it is available as a digital game for pretty much all of the Nintendo systems. Oddly, the box and manual up the price to $31. They are probably in shorter supply now because nobody took care of them back in the day.
[…] Also coming to the Switch will be Vs. Excitebike, per Nintendo Life and Famitsu. Check out our past show on the game here! […]