This week in Your Parents Basement, we are playing as the best bear-and-bird duo around! From 1998, we’re playing Banjo-Kazooie by Rare for the Nintendo 64. We’re joined by the three folks behind Gravity Gerbil, a fun cell phone game, that have fond memories of this one!
You can manually download this week’s podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts. Are you yearning and craving a clayyyssiiiccc YPB episode? Well, they are now collected here for you! Find episodes #1 to #52 right there, in Volume I!
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features a proper bonkers TV commercial from back in the day.
- 35:30 – Todd has reasons why this is… The Most Best Game of All-Time.
- 52:30 – Emails!
- 1:05:10 – As usual, we try to help some people in… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 1:16:00 – Snifferoo. Hey, do you like Star Wars movies?
– According to Price Charting, Banjo-Kazooie has held its value well, like most good Nintendo 64 games. The loose cart goes for $20, and the box and manual ups the price to $50. The sequel and player’s choice editions are similar prices.
– Make sure you check out Gravity Gerbil! As Steve mentioned on the show, it’s a fun little lark, and very affordable at $1.99.