This week in Your Parents Basement, we are using our five-man squad to liberate portions of the map in a war game! From 1994, we’re playing General Chaos by Game Refuge Inc. and published by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis.
You can manually download this week’s hand-to-hand combat-focused podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
And now, there is a Discord channel for all the sweet baby boy and girl fans of YPB! Check it out here, and rub elbows with your favorite co-hosts.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the military-ish marching theme from portions of the game.
- 33:30 – Once again, Todd has some reasons why General Chaos is… The Most Best Game of All-Time.
- 43:15 – Emails! Who has a weird name like Beth anyway?
- 57:00 – Sweet baby boys help other boys become more sweet, in, Ask The Sweet Boys.
- 1:00:00 – Snifferoo. We play a listener request, possibly with a listener as a guest!
– According to Price Charting, General Chaos is pretty affordable, at $13.95 for the loose cart and $28.48 for the box and manual.
– One of the creators of General Chaos, Brian F. Colin, tried to do a Kickstarter for a sequel. It didn’t go well.
– A shout-out to Friend and Guest of the Show Dale, who actually guessed this game from the posted snifferoo last week! Got a guess on what next week’s game is? Shoot us an email, we’ll shout you out if you’re correct!