This week in Your Parents Basement, we are whipping other racers with chains and tearing down the highways of America! From 1991, we’re playing Road Rash by Electronics Arts for the Sega Genesis. We’re joined by special guest and Texas dreamboat Barrel!
You can manually download this week’s leather-filled podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Want to have your voicemail played? Send all mails and audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the very 1990s title theme from one of the CD versions.
- 34:00 – Todd has reasons why this is… The Most Best Game of All-Time.
- 40:00 – Voicemail! We hear from one of the greatest heavyweight champions of all-time.
- 46:00 – Emails! Captain Benjamin Rivera writes in with a question we’ve never received before, because he is a trustworthy individual and he is not an Internet scammer.
- 1:00:00 – As always, we can’t sign off without helping someone in… Ask the Sweet Boys.
- 1:05:00 – Snifferoo. Next week’s game has a very funny announcer.
– According to Price Charting, most of the Road Rash games are affordable, at $7.50 to $25 depending on the platform. As usual, the Sega CD version is rare and costs $70.
– There is a surprising amount of Shaq Fu talk in this episode, because that game still hasn’t come out. (In case that FB page changes: As of May 2017, there isn’t an official release, for a game that was originally supposed to come out sometime in 2015.) We first mentioned the sequel during our show on Shaq Fu, which amazingly was our ninth episode ever back in June 2015.
– We mention the Road Rash spiritual successor, Road Redemption, a tiny bit on the show. While it has also had issues getting released – it is still in pre-release on Steam – at least it is getting very positive reviews.