This week in Your Parents Basement, we are lifting huge apples and boxes to save our scantily clad mouse friend! From 1990, we’re playing Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers by Capcom for the NES.
You can manually download this week’s chiptastic podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the excellent title theme from the game.
- 29:00 – Emails! How ARE your wife and kids?
- 44:30 – We can’t end the episode without helping some people, in… Ask The Sweet Boys.
- 50:00 – Snifferoo. Can we save Professor Einstein in next week’s game?
– According to Price Charting, and mentioned on the show, the first Rescue Rangers game is affordable, at $17 for the loose cart, although it’s $55 for the box, manual and cart. But the sequel? Much like DuckTales 2, it was another Capcom-Disney collaboration that came out toward the end of the NES’ lifespan. So, it’s $217 for the loose cart of Rescue Rangers 2, and $593 for the box, manual and cart.
– You can read more about Rescue Rangers here. As mentioned on the show, the title themes are done by the same guy, and they’re both fantastic.
– As the often do, Uproxx’s Lindsay Kimble has five facts about Rescue Rangers here.
– Also, from Disney’s Twitter account, Rescue Rangers with real chipmunks.