This week in Your Parents Basement, we are surfing the waves on our Kawasaki jet skis! From 1996, we’re playing Wave Race 64 by Nintendo for the N64.
You can manually download this week’s wavy podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the breezy, techno title theme from the game.
- 24:00 – The return of a popular segment… Huell’s Track Tracks! Wherein Huell ranks the best musical tracks from racing game tracks.
- 30:00 – A new segment from Steve, and listeners! We air your Comments Concerns and Questions.
- 38:00 – Emails! Our most private listeners writes in again.
- 46:15 – Once again, we really help some folks out with another segment of… Ask The Sweet Boys.
- 51:15 – Snifferoo. We’re finally covering one of the most requested games, over our earlier objections.
– According to Price Charting, Wave Race 64 is still really affordable, going for just $6 for the loose cart and $10.50 if you want the box and manual included. It’s also available on the Wii virtual consoles, which probably helps keep the cost low.
– As mentioned on the show, Wave Race 64 is a sequel to the original for the Game Boy. The original is pretty cheap as well, about $4 for the cart, but $31 if you want the box and manual, per Price Charting.
– Also mentioned on the show, there doesn’t seem to be any imminent plans for new games in the series. Nintendo renewed the trademark in 2012, but that’s about it.