This week in Your Parents Basement, we are smashing goombas with hammers and racking up sweet, sweet numbers in the process! From 1996, we’re playing Super Mario RPG by Nintendo and Square for the Super Nintendo. Our special guest is Doctor Tony, friend of Steve’s friend Mary!
You can manually download this week’s jump-tastic podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the Mario-est music of today’s game.
- 44:00 – Emails! Helping to keep the lights on at the Kirk Cameron household.
- 1:05:00 – No Sweet Boy Asks this week, so it’s right to the Snifferoo!
– According to Price Charting, Super Mario RPG is still quite pricy. It’s $46.50 for the loose cart, and $139 for the cart, box and manual. However, it’s available on the Wii virtual stores, which is much more affordable.
– Jason Schreier of Kotaku had a good retrospective on Super Mario RPG this year, in honor of the game’s 20th anniversary. Read it here!
– Likewise, the TV Tropes page for the game is quite robust.