This week in Your Parents Basement, we are cleansing the land of demons with horrible, hammy acting! From 1994, we’re playing The Horde by Toys for Bob for the 3DO.
You can manually download this week’s cow-filled podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which has the introduction of the game’s hammiest character, Chronus Malor. (Note: Steve refuses to look up how to spell that correctly.)
- 41:00 – It’s the return of a popular segment! The Most Best Game of All Time!
- 50:00 – Emails! Why IS someone so handsome?
- 1:05:00 – A quickie Ask The Sweet Boys tonight, because we need to get some sweet rest.
- 1:09:30 – Snifferoo! Next week, it’s yet another Mario game!
– According to Price Charting, The Horde goes for $19.99 for the 3DO, game only, and $25.25 if you want the box and manual. It’s a bit cheaper for the Saturn, as only $10.97 for the disc.
– The Horde has so, so, so many “good” cut scenes. This YouTube collection from the Saturn version is wonderful, and Huell says to definitely check out minute 11, with Hordling theater!
– TV Tropes has a good page on The Horde here.