This week in Your Parents Basement, busting is NOT making us feel good! From 1988, we’re playing Ghostbusters by Bits Laboratory for the NES, which is based on an earlier Commodore 64 game.
You can manually download this week’s spooooky podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the Ghostbusters theme. As mentioned on the show, this is the only music for the entire game, and it plays on a god damn loop the entire time.
- 51:30 – Emails! People wanna know about free-to-play games, and fightin’ games!
- 1:04:15 – Snifferoo. There’s no way next week’s game will be worse than this week’s! Probably!
– According to Price Charting, loose carts of Ghostbusters go for about $9.50. The box and manual will set you back about $30. However, for that price, you can buy the far superior Ghostbusters: The Video Game for the Wii, PS3 and 360. Do that instead.
– For a bunch of neat trivia, like the info on John Belushi originally being tabbed for Ghostbusters, check out this long Vanity Fair article.