This week in Your Parents Basement, we are amassing our armies to destroy vile orcs and corrupted humans! From 1994 to 2004, we’re playing the games of the Warcraft series by Blizzard for the PC. We’re joined by special guest Pascal’s Pager, a.k.a. Paul Christian Glenn!
And oh yeah, Todd Brisket is back too, if you’re into that sort of thing.
AT OUR COMMAND, you can manually download this week’s podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which features the awesome YouTube collection that Huell refers to on the show.
- 1:02:30 – Emails! What IS Q-Bert anyway?
- 1:17:00 – Snifferoo. Maybe we’ll actually play a certain game next week…
– The first three Warcraft games are often available in a “battle chest” edition for modern systems that runs from $10 to $20 new. It can be dicey to buy used copies though, given that Blizzard can be sticklers for authentication codes.
– On the show, we talk briefly about Titan, an ambitious MMORPG that was cancelled by Blizzard despite years of work because it didn’t meet their high-quality standards. Kotaku has an impressive story on the issues of the game here, which sounds ambitious for now, nevermind a few years ago.
– A past episode was about StarCraft! If you missed us talking about that Blizzard game, go here!
– Q*bert is awesome! Here he is.
– You can watch the South Park episode “Make Love Not Warcraft” on the show’s website for free.
[…] with $336 million. Warcraft is up to $378 million and counting. (And for our Warcraft show, go here!) Allison Elkin at VICE has a piece on what ex-World of Warcraft players think of the […]
[…] – And speaking of Blizzard… One of its low lights, the cancelled Warcraft Adventures, has made its way to the Internet. Check out our show on the actual Warcraft series here. […]
[…] – From The Daily Dot and other sites, the Warcraft movie now has an Honest Trailer out for it. Listen to our review of the game series here! […]
[…] – From Matthew Figueira and other sites, Blizzard won’t be doing remakes of Warcraft 1 or Warcraft 2 anytime soon. Also, no news on a potential Warcraft 4 either. But hey, listen to our show on the old series! […]
[…] Brood War came out in 1998. You can listen to our shows on Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo here, here and […]
[…] like Overwatch and Hearthstone. Also, by the way, we’ve covered a bunch of their games – the original Warcraft series, Starcraft and […]
[…] Super Mario Bros. 2, The Guardian Legend, SimCity, Pitfall, Moon Patrol, the all email edition and the Warcraft […]