This week in Your Parents Basement, we’re racing as Mario, Wario, Toad, Yoshi and Donkey Kong! From 1997, we’re playing Mario Kart 64, and also talking quite a bit about Super Mario Kart for the SNES, with special guest Fatts!
You can manually download this week’s speedy podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is from Rainbow Road, and a favorite of Huell. Also, intro for special guest Fatts!
- 30:00 – Fatts has to exit, so we focus on the history of Mare-E-O Kart.
- 42:30 – A new feature! Huell’s Track Tracks ranking!
- 47:45 – Emails! No intro music, because reasons.
- 1:08:15 – Next week, we’re playing a dignified, civilized Game Boy game.
– According to Price Charting, Mario Kart games are pretty valuable because people pretty much never sell them. Mario Kart 64 goes for $44 cart only, with the price swelling to $224.99 for the cart, box and manual in new condition. The range for Super Mario Kart is $29.99 to $182.51.