This week in Your Parents Basement, we’re loading up our PP7s, avoiding the Klobb at all costs and exposing double agents! From 1997, we’re playing Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64, in honor of Spectre coming out later this week.
You can manually download this week’s smooth and suave podcast here or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win! Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is from the Archives stage.
- 33:00 – We read letters and comments from readers on Goldeneye!
- 50:30 – Emails. The best games from 27 years ago, and the best vehicles in video games.
- 1:06:00 – Snifferoo. Standing by to play next week’s game! Who wants some???
– According to Price Charting, loose carts of Goldeneye go for around $11, with the complete box and manual collections going for $22 to $45. Sealed new copies go for $60 to $150. And hey, if you’re going to buy anything Goldeneye related, buy a pal and buy from Amazon via our link.
– The good Guardian article on Rare’s making of the game is readable here, including some of the weird changes Nintendo and Miyamoto pitched.
[…] series. It is yet another strong game released by Rare. (Past YPB episodes on their games include Goldeneye and R.C. Pro […]
[…] – A little game called Goldeneye came out in 1997! We covered that awesome, FPS from Rare on a past episode here. […]
[…] It was kind of a big deal. Past N64 games we’ve covered: Quest 64, Superman 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye and Star Fox […]