This week in Your Parents Basement, we are doing our best to survive snake bites, drowning, snake bites, cholera, snake bites, dysentery and snake bites! Originally released in 1971, and with many good re-releases culminating in a second installment in 1996, we’re playing The Oregon Trail and The Oregon Trail II!
You can manually download this week’s rugged podcast here, or subscribe to the show via the iTunes store. To manually subscribe, use this link in the device / podcast player of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter, or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
As always, if you like the show, support us by buying from Amazon! You can use this link to go to Amazon, and any purchase you make will kick a couple bucks to the show, with no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Want to have an email or comment read on the air? Send us a message on the ole Twitter or Facebook, or, shoot that mail to email@example.com.
- 0:00 – Intro, which is the main traveling theme from The Oregon Trail II. It varies depending on the condition of your group.
- 49:45 – Brisket has a new game that’s already sweeping the nation, getting fanfare and triumphant applause. It’s !
- 58:30 – Emails. We hear from an old friend, and talk about our favorite Mario accessories.
- 1:13:45 – Snifferoo. (It’s from here, not the actual game, unfortunately.)
– Brisket’s Twitch account is available here, where you can see footage of him playing The Oregon Trail II and past YPB games.
– As mentioned on the show, you can play The Oregon Trail and its various incarnations online for free nowadays. If you’re looking for a specific hard copy, the price tends to range from $3.50 to $10 for the game itself. If you want the box and manuals, it ranges from $4 to $22, according to Price Charting.
– Rare has made a ton of games. Wikipedia has the full list here.